Canvas is a learning management system that provides a platform to connect different digital tools in one location. This platform has been integrated within the North Carolina Identity and Access Management (IAM) Service. It will also integrate with Google Apps for Education and Microsoft Office 365.
Through DPI Canvas LEA users can …
- Access state created professional learning
- Have collegial discussions with NC educators
- Search for materials shared by other NC Canvas users
What sets Canvas apart?
- A clean, user-friendly interface
- A dashboard page that quickly summarizes assignments, announcements and other relevant information across course sites
- Customizable notifications
- A working calendar that can be added to Google Calendar, iCal or other popular calendar tools
- Support for media content
- The power of the cloud – it just works.
Canvas includes several major LMS tools, a user-friendly online environment and the ability to easily connect educators across North Carolina. District can acquire Canvas for $3.74 per user, through a state negotiated convenience contract. To obtain Canvas, please contact Brian Grow at (801)628-2230.